About David Allen
David Allen is an entrepreneur and co-director of Challenge Tours, which runs Leadership courses at Greystone Adventure Centre and Camp Solomon.
Every July he directs the award winning Leadership Training program at Village Camps Leadership School in Switzerland and York, England.
He is the author of the book “Leadership in the trees” and is an accomplished motivational speaker and leadership coach.
He guest lectures at the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s leadership and business programme and is a regular speaker at Babson College and Bentley University, two of the leading entrepreneurial and business schools in Boston, USA, as well as Harvard University.
David has presented a variety of leadership and development talks to corporates, school groups, police tactical and detective units in South Africa and abroad.
His style of training, i.e. Knowledge transfer reinforced by group exercises, has become very popular with corporate entities which need to inspire their teams.
Studies have shown that people absorb more information when they are actively involved in the presentation. In light of this, David tailored his interactive approach, which involves active audience participation, to ensure that people retain what he teaches.
David is a resident of Estcourt, in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. He is happily married to Debbie and is the proud father of 2.
Leadership topics include:
- What makes a good leader.
- Meeting planning
- Taking responsibility and owning the outcome.
- Dealing with people including gossip and criticism.
- Problem solving and creative thinking.
- Coping with stress and how teachers, managers and students can reduce their stress levels
- Practical steps on managing your work load; how to optimise brain function, and bring out the best in your students or staff
- Interview technique’s, getting accurate info from staff and suspects including how to tell if someone is lying